New shelter for courses

Yesterday I finished constructing the model for the new shelter. Here’s a better close up of the joint at the front where the two ridges are flattened and held together with 3 fixings, then bolted to the flattened tops of the X-frame.

I found some old sheeps-wool insulation to act as ground level, as all the verticals will be buried about 50cm.

 

I had planned to wait till March/April to start on the real thing but with another day of glorious sunshine, I decided to start stripping the poles. Resting one end on the edge of the trampolene and the other end on a shaving horse worked for a while but when the pole is curved it is tricky holding it to reach all surfaces. I have a few benches wrapped under a tarp and also found a woodworking vice, so I took an hour or so to clean up the vice before fixing it to the bench. That gripped the pole much better, so I plan to strip some more today.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: